Friday 7 March 2008

Caveat Emptor

Last night we had two couples for dinner. I made two enormous lasagnes (I got a bit carried away). The garlic crusher came up in conversation and soon became the joke of the evening. At one point we had both crushers on the table, and a large magnifying glass, looking for any forensics which would point to it being made in NZ, the US or Austria. Zip! Ganged up on by 5 Kiwis, I think I lost the argument. Thankfully we were all agreed on which one would be donated to the garage sale.

Almost all of BOTH lasagnes were consumed. My memory of events past may have been under attack, but not my cooking!

I’m wondering what price I should sell the offending object for? Perhaps I should sell it with a photograph of the sale, so that if the purchaser gets accused in future of buying a less than effective tool, they will have evidence of the day. But then again, perhaps not. They may come and ask for their money back.

No comments: