Wednesday 12 March 2008

Purrfect timing

There is a standing joke with our local vet about appointments for our cats. We have always maintained that we should routinely book two cat appointments the week before we go on holiday. This is because for the last three trips we have made out of NZ we have had a sick/injured cat the week before.

Tomorrow we head to Auckland for a week. Yesterday I had to take Otto to the vet because his knee had “popped out”. This is not the same knee he dislocated a week before our UK trip in 2005. That necessitated surgery and cage rest for 3 weeks (our house sitter had to endure the pathetic howls, not us).

This morning, in an attempt to distract a very large cat under house arrest, I joined him on the floor and we had a nice chat. It was then I saw the massive cat bite under his neck which both myself and the vet managed to miss yesterday!

I am sans car, there are no more vet appointments for the day and we leave at 5am tomorrow. I think I will be walking down to the surgery to collect antibiotics for a battered and bruised moggy who is trying to keep cool in mid 20 temperatures.

No comments: