Friday 28 August 2009

Still wobbly

In the early hours of this morning, I was woken by an earthquake. I didn't hear it, just felt it. It measured 5.2 but was shallow. It's centre was a mere 30 kms south of where we live and has been reported as our worst in probably 35 years. Friends closer to the capital said it was truly awful downtown, so I don't know what I will find at work this morning.

I work in a listed building next to a wooden cathedral (one of the city's landmarks). I'm a bit nervous about what I might find has moved at the office.

Definitely an excuse for a strong cup of coffee to start the day.

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/wellington-rocked-two-earthquakes-2952077

1 comment:

Kat Mortensen said...

Fingers crossed (and some prayers too) for you, that noone was hurt and buildings are intact. Keep us posted.

Kat