Tuesday 16 October 2007

Visionaries

I am sick as a dog. It is 5.20pm and I’ve just dragged myself from the sofa. My head hurts, my throat hurts and I am very wobbly. I am seriously in need of keyboard therapy before hitting the panadol and Earl Grey tea again.

Between dozing, I’ve been reading a biography of Golda Meir. I remember clearly when she died, even though I didn’t know much about her then – I was only 17 at the time. But she is fast becoming a heroine. It is extraordinary what one woman with a passion for her people can do. I ask myself where are the calibre of leaders like this today?

But then in my "inbox" this morning was a superb essay by Dr Daniel Gordis "One Treadmill, Two Refugees and One College" (see http://www.danielgordis.org/) and my hope was restored.

No comments: