Monday 20 October 2008

Bad reception and creaky joints

Yesterday I caved in – over a digital TV.

The one we had not only wasn’t digital, but it had dents in it - from when it was kicked by a giraffe in the ark.

We watch TV about once a week and five minutes each night for the news headlines. Hence I felt a bit daft buying such a flashy item, albeit in a sale.

However, I’m a convert. It is BEAUTIFUL to look at – even when it’s turned off. Oh yes, and DVDs will now be viewable in the right width.

Ms Apple Cookie is sulking, as we have now switched from a satellite box, big enough and warm enough for arthritic Ms to snooze on, to a small free view receiver, large enough for a geriatric hamster.

I don’t think a hot water bottle every night in place of the satbox is going to cut it for Ms. I was punished last night by her stretching languorously on my side of the bed. Hubby and I and iPud had to share the other half.

So alas, the new TV is responsible for a bad night’s sleep.

No comments: