Thursday 4 December 2008

Pass me the quill and inkpot

I work all day with technology, so find it rather disheartening to come home to it too. My computer is dying a slow and painful death, but it will be a while before I can replace it.

Last night, I spent nearly two hours writing an “End of Year” letter, and longing for the bad old days when I would hand write one, photo copy it and stuff in envelopes with pretty stamps. It took far too long to try and find photos and import them into a document that insisted it would be 13MB regardless of how I edited the photos.

I finally thought I’d cracked the problem, emailed out about 200 electronic compilations of the year, only to find out this morning that the photos hadn’t appeared on the email at all.

Next year, I’m buying stamps.

No comments: