Saturday 6 February 2010

He saw it coming


Yesterday, I had occasion to stop by the Diocesan Office of the Anglican Church in Wellington. Just as I was about to leave, the door opened and in stepped the bishop, wearing jeans, running shoes and smart grey tee-shirt. I teased him "I'm not used to seeing you in Mufti Bishop", he replied as quick as a whip "I'm going to the rugby and figured there would be too many people dressed up as nuns and bishops, so thought this would be a good disguise" How right he was. Today, walking past the Central Police station, I bumped into these delightful "Ladies of the Cloth", who were somewhat the worse for wear.

2 comments:

rutimizrachi said...

Omigosh. You do NOT live in a boring place. No wonder they decided to build The Shire there. My son is looking for an apartment. Gotta have a round front door. I thought it would be weird to ask. Until now...

sparrow said...

Rugby 7's is the highlight of the year for me. Kiwis have a fantastic sense of fun and don't mind making complete fools of themselves. One picture I did miss was three "Ladies of a certain age" dressed as three blind mice, complete with dark glasses and white sticks. They just stood at the traffic lights and asked people to help them across the road! Hysterical.