Saturday 7 June 2008

Dairy festival

Sunday evening marks the beginning of the Feast of Shavuot (Pentecost to Christians). Traditionally, it is a festival where only dairy products are eaten (no meat). This suits me just fine, being passionate about cheese, yoghurt and butter. We have a small problem at the moment however, the price. We are paying European export prices on Kiwi salaries. There is no shortage of dairy to eat, but I tend to walk past that cabinet at the supermarket these days.

And on the subject of prices, I believe in the US you are paying over $4 a gallon for petrol. Be of good cheer, we pay over $6 and the UK just over $10.

Come to think of it, if any of my American friends would like to mail me some New Zealand butter, it would probably be cheaper...........

No comments: