Wednesday 13 August 2008

Dwelling with coathangers

Cookie has a new nest, in the wardrobe. She has found a nook between my box of greetings cards and my IKEA five drawer storage box. She managed to snuggle under the hanging clothes so that only her nose and a dainty paw were showing. Because we have an open plan walk in closet, I was actually directly in her eyeline all night.

I was kept awake, on and off, by torrential rain, thunder and the occasional lightning flash. I am so heartily sick of listening to the torrents coursing down our metal roof (we've had the wettest winter in ten years). The walk in closet is almost sound proof because of the clothes and the boxfiles lining the shelves next to the ceiling.

Humph, if it rains tonight, Cookie can have the bed – I’m having the space between the boxes under the row of shirts.

No comments: