Tuesday 26 August 2008

Somewhat tied up

I now have evidence that blue blood runs in my husband’s veins. His lineage on his grandmother’s side is the Hungarian aristocracy, but after this morning’s small incident, I have a theory that he may be related to the Queen of England.

We recently bought a new chest of drawers, which gave me a great excuse to sort out the old one. I was presented with a plastic box from my husband’s part of the drawers to sort out. It contained a very large supply of shoelaces – old, new, odd, matching. You name your type, we have it Guv’nor.

A small problem; my better half only owns one pair of shoes with laces. He has been squirreling away an entire generation’s worth of tie ups.
I have it on good authority that Her Majesty also collects string. She and my husband would make a fearsome pair of hoarders.

No comments: