Wednesday 27 August 2008

Rodent Rodeo

Ms Mouse, who will be hitherto dubbed Millicent, made an appearance this evening with Cookie. We were peacefully watching a BBC video when both were seen streaking across the dining room. There followed a scene resembling the Keystone Cops, with hubby and I armed with empty rubbish bins / cloths and various things to try to catch her, all to no avail. If a cat was able to “Herumph!”, Cookie “Herumphed”. We are seriously in her bad books for spoiling her fun.

Millicent is the sweetest creature. I don’t want to set a trap. I want the cat to catch her and then I will do the heroic rescue and relocate her to the compost heap.

Madam is banned from the bedroom tonight. I don’t want her crawling under the covers with Milly Mouse taking refuge in my pyjamas.

No comments: