Tuesday 21 April 2009

'Tis the season

Yesterday, winter arrived. By the time I headed to bed, wrapped in a huge fleecy kimono, I had noted those winter "signposts" around the house:
1) The mobile oil-filled radiator was re-instated in the living room (aka The White Heat Emitting God, or WHEG).
2) Two cats worshipping at the WHEG, one with his front paws stretched underneath it
3) Winter crafts strewn on the sofa - patchwork and knitting
4) Supplies of home made soup in the freezer
5) Large supplies of porridge oats offloaded from the weekly shop

I also wore three layers of clothing in the house during the day.

The forecast for ANZAC weekend is not good, and I am sailing to the S. Island. There could be photographic posts when I get back of the high seas in the Cook Straits.

No comments: