Monday 24 January 2011

Looking for swans



An estuary five minutes from our house by car is home to around forty black swans. Today my husband drove me there, to see if I could get close enough to photograph them. It involved walking a way under a railway bridge and along the outside of the tracks, a somewhat boggy pathway, railway on one side, estuary on the other. I was thwarted in the attempt. There just wasn't a dry piece of land close enough.

On the way back, I stopped suddenly in my tracks to watch this adorable sparrow taking his afternoon bath. I went looking for swans and ended up with the sparrow. How very typical - wherever I go, these plain little birds give me so much joy.
© by Sparrowchatter 2011

2 comments:

DIGITAL WORLD PAGES ARCHIVE said...

Hello!
Interesting place!
Beautiful moment for photo!(second photo)

Parisbreakfasts said...

I am crazy for Sparrows too.
To heck with Black Swans.
I couldn't sit through more than 20 minutes of that movie :(