Friday 11 January 2008

The Pipes are calling

Bonding with friends is truly deep and meaningful when it involves unplugging a drain, especially so when it is a bathroom drain interconnecting with two kitchen drains.
Last night, my new American friend and I had to forgo dessert and try to unplug a drain which was gushing all over the bathroom floor. The house is historic and the drain was positively Maccabean in its rebellion. We tried almost everything, short of a surface to air missile, and failed miserably. But we got to laugh a lot and figured that we would be dirty for a few days until we could find a plumber to fix it.
Thankfully, just before Sabbath started, a plumber came to our rescue, and we can now shower with abandon.
I am trying to think of a way to blame President Bush for this latest adventure, but my imagination fails me.

No comments: