Monday 7 January 2008

Time and motion study

Today I made an important discovery for keeping stress to a minimum. It is called an Israeli Breakfast.
This magnificent beast is a combination of eggs (boiled, fried or scrambled), chopped raw vegetables, cheeses, a variety of bread with jam and butter, mixed salad, fresh fruit juice and coffee. It is truly the best way to start the day.
Now fast forward to one of the chores of the day - a visit to the post office. I remember this from a previous visit as being an extremely long winded affair, so was semi prepared for a wait. It hasn't changed, only in the fact that you are now given a number for the queue and a seat to sit on. Today I bought 10 stamps after sitting for 50 minutes.
I worked out that it had taken me that long to plough through the breakfast. So next time round, I will take my ticket for queue position, then head off for breakfast. By the time I've drunk the last sip of coffee, I should be about ready to head to the counter for my philatelic transaction. Not bad huh?

No comments: