Sunday 27 January 2008

Wailing Walls

There is a rumour going around Jerusalem that it will snow tomorrow. This has set off a whole load of nostalgia for me. I feel like staying up all night to see if it happens.
I remember well the pianissimo effect that heavy snow falls had in Austria where I lived many years ago. I think the last time I saw snow was on a month's trip to Germany and Switzerland in 1998, so that makes it nearly 10 years.
The chances are I will be kept up all night anyway, as the cat who lives in the Guest House compound is on heat and doing passable impersonations of June Sutherland underneath my balcony. Multitudes of Tom cats are appearing from the walls of the Old City to court her.
Sigh - I hope the snow fall deadens their ardour, or at least turns down the volume.

No comments: