Sunday 4 May 2008

Pound for Pound

An indignant stamping of the foot has just taken place in the kitchen. I have just realised, two items of food in my pantry cost the same, and they really shouldn’t. They are:

1) 500g Israeli made Halwa (sesame and honey sweet), imported from Israel
2) 500g New Zealand produced butter, made locally.

Go figure! Since moving to NZ four years ago, a 500g block of butter has doubled in price! We pay the same price as export, and our salaries are approximately one third those of someone in the UK.

It’s no wonder my housekeeping money goes NOWHERE. Oh, and lest my northern European friends start telling me I should be using a cheap substitute for butter, trust me, their ain’t such a thing here. Grrrrr

1 comment:

Lars Shalom said...

aliens are jewish too!!