Tuesday 13 May 2008

Splashing vanilla paint

My better half and I don’t have a lot in common, but one exception is our hatred of decorating.

Our wonderful “new” kitchen was completed nearly nine months ago, and I only bought the paint for the walls three weeks ago. This morning I woke up and decided to bite a bullet.

I’d already sugar soaped the walls and ceiling in April (dragging out the agony). This morning I started at 9.30am with the undercoat. I had finished the first coat by 2.30pm and had time to replace all the furniture and bits by the time my favourite late afternoon TV started.

Now of course, there should be two coats of paint, but after running up and down the ladder for 5 hours, I wasn’t about to restart after a four hour break. The second coat can wait.

Check with me in another nine months.

No comments: