Wednesday 18 July 2007

Air Cuisine

I recently came across an amusing photo article in an Arabic lifestyle magazine “Bidoun”. Someone had the bright idea to take photos of airline meals. There were 40 on the two page colour spread. Air France had to take first place for looking healthy, mouth-watering and satisfying, British Airways had fast food and transfats, Iran Air a small cucumber and huge banana. The other 37 photos were quite gruesome and should have been forwarded to Jamie Oliver.

The story I “dine out on” stars Aeroflot before Perestroika. My friend and I were flying Moscow to Manchester and were sitting in the last two seats of a Tupolev. By the time the aggressive flight attendant reached us, they had run out of black bread and hard boiled eggs. Pity really, as I’m rather partial to both.

What is the most unusual thing you have ever eaten on a plane?

No comments: