Tuesday 10 July 2007

Timeless words of love

I’d like to add a “late entry” to the aforementioned competition. It was written by Leo Marks for his girlfriend Ruth Hambro and later used as a cypher for Violette Szabo who worked for Special Operations Executive during WWII:

The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have is yours.

The love that I have
Of the life that I have
Is yours, and yours, and yours.

A sleep I shall have,
A rest I shall have
Yet death will be but a pause

For the peace of my years,
In the long green grass
Will be yours, and yours and yours.

2 comments:

Hence said...

Thank you for showing words I can send to Mark for our 26th anniversary today. Send, because he's in Atlanta with for CBA (now ICRS) with STL. (I like lots of anagrams. :Þ )

sparrow said...

Congratulations on 26 years. You must have got married when you were 12!