Sunday 1 July 2007

Happy Anniversaries

My husband has three opportunities to remember our wedding anniversary, our civil marriage (1st March), and the religious ceremony, 3rd July. The third one is moveable, as the Jewish one falls on a different day each year, according to the lunar calendar. This year we decided to take friends out to a Turkish restaurant to celebrate with us.

This is our third year together. Our wedding ceremony was bitter sweet as my father was too ill to attend. Mercifully, three years on, he is still with us, much to everyone’s amazement and joy. In those interim three years, two of our wedding guests have died, one couple has adopted two children, one god-daughter has gone to university, and another will do so this year. One couple have started to build a house after 7 years planning, another launched an airline, another ran for a political seat in the UK.

It does make me wonder what the next 3 years holds for us and our wedding guests. If you were there, and are reading this blog, drop me a note with your highlight of the last 3 years. Even if you weren't there, still tell me your highlight.

1 comment:

nada musleh said...

Hello sparrow,
My anniversiry is coming soon, and i don't think my husband will remember it.. so you must be lucky to have a man who can remember occasions :)
I hope that the next three years will be full of love.. and not only the next three.. but the rest of your life together...
Gonna publish my recipies soon ;)