Wednesday 14 November 2007

Blow winds and crack your cheeks

........but please, no spouting of hurricanoes (apologies to King Lear)

The evening news reported 100km hour winds in the harbour today. One of my course mates said the glasses in her kitchen cupboards were rattling in the middle of the night because the house was moving. I believe it.

Our trip turned out very well, inspite of the weather. I take my hat off to the commercial flower growers. They really are amazing with all the risks of weather, pests, volatile market prices, and they still work 365 days per year. It must be for love too, as it can’t be for money!
The wind is still howling and our cabbage tree is waving around ominously. The cats have taken refuge underneath things, so I’m taking to my bed with cocoa, in the hope that I can catch up on last night’s lost zzzzzzs.

No comments: