Thursday 1 November 2007

Thimble time

The chores are done, and I can’t cook or bake because the oven is disconnected. Yesterday we had tiles laid on the kitchen floor under the new cooker, so the oven is parked in the middle of the kitchen for us all to fall over. Mercifully the bread machine is still operational, so a cardamom and nut loaf is rising as I type.

Today is a quilting day. It is overcast and drizzly, feeling more like an English autumn than a southern hemisphere spring. A blackbird has been singing since 7am, so my needlework is accompanied by inflight entertainment.

The cats are patrolling the four extreme points of our section after “enemy cat” came calling at dawn. They occasionally come in with a thin layer of drizzle on their coats, and moan at me about the weather, as if I could do anything about it.

Local fish for dinner tonight courtesy of the best fish and chip shop in the capital (well I would say that wouldn’t I?)

If anyone would like to join us, let me know by 5pm NZ time, so I can phone in the orderJ

No comments: