Saturday 23 February 2008

Pierced body parts

Question: When is a toe nail not a toe nail?
Answer: When the nail is THROUGH the toe.

Yes, I ended up in the A and E department of our community hospital just before lunch. The sequence of events were as follows: Return from Farmer’s Market to discover our amiable tom cat in a part of our property he doesn’t normally frequent. Enemy Cat was abroad. Protective owner of soppy tom cat runs to find the garden hose to eject Enemy Cat with high pressure water. Succeeds, and when replacing hose, loses balance temporarily and stands on hitherto not noticed piece of wood with nail poking out of it.

Thank goodness for Clarks sandals –thick sole. The nail went clean through the sole and into my big toe. Thankfully it only punctured my toe by a few milimeters, but as I think I was pre puberty the last time I had a tetanus injection, we got back into the car and went to the local hospital for a booster jab.

I am supposed to keep my foot elevated to alleviate the pain (some hope). I’d rather hop and get my chores in the house finished. But, given that today is in the 20’s, I think I might take a leaf out of the cat’s book later and flop in shady parts of the living room. I can snooze to the sound of cicadas.

2 comments:

Gila said...

Hmmmm...do you live in New Zealand or Israel?

sparrow said...

Hi Gila,

I live in New Zealand, but just returned from a trip to Israel. I love your blog by the way and if I could figure out how to do a blog roll, yours and Yaeli's would be top of the list. Thanks for dropping by.