Monday 7 July 2008

Duster Stations

Ever find yourself doing or saying things like your parents? Today I was trying to restore the house to its normal organised/tidy/clean self, after at least a week of neglect. We have old friends coming tonight for a fish and chip supper. I haven’t seen them for 10 years, and “properly” to sit down and chat for 14.

I remembered when I was small and my folks were having friends over, saying to my mum “They come to see you, not to see how clean and tidy the house is.” It was pointless chiding a duster waving, vacuum driving whirlwind. Clean and scrub and tidy she did – to the point of collapse.

Well, here I am, after an active morning washing/ironing/tidying/organising, collapsing in front of the computer with a LARGE mug of coffee, cranking myself up for the dusting marathon. I feel after two weeks of the house being surrounded by a mud flow that I have lost the battle already. And that’s without the FIVE times the cat threw up over the newly cleaned carpets!
“Oh mum, I see what you mean!”

No comments: