Tuesday 29 July 2008

Face makeover

It took me a while to realise it, but my fall and black eye took a big toll on my husband. Both of us have been completely wiped out and exhausted for three days; I suspect suffering from shock. He has watched me like a hawk ever since it happened, constantly asking whether I am feeling OK, can I see OK, do I have a headache. I have felt so, so sleepy over the weekend, but I can honestly say, I haven’t felt ill – until I’ve looked at myself in the mirror. It has really been a horrible mess.

Something more disturbing than the looks I was getting in public were the looks my poor husband was getting. I could see the unspoken question; “Did he do that to you?” I wanted to wear a tee shirt with “I am a klutz, I fell over my own feet carrying shopping.”
Or as a humorous friend commented “Well, its great to see that you saved your hands by falling on your head.” My beautiful ski jump nose and my buck teeth are preserved, so all is not lost.

Thank goodness my face isn’t my fortune.

No comments: