Saturday 12 July 2008

Technoklutznik

Allow me a two minute boast. I’m amazed how far I’ve come technically for someone who failed maths at school and had no interest in any scientific discipline. I am a complete klutz in anything to do with DIY, I simply don’t have the talents to problem solve when it comes to things physical.
In 1985 I used a computer for the first time. I have been using them daily ever since. I have no interest in all the whirly gig things they are capable of, or the languages the programmes are written in. I love them because I can type fast and get ideas out quickly. My computer is my window on the world and the way I have cups of tea online with friends far flung.
A few days ago, I decided to try set myself up with a new blog. The format and way to add things was completely different to Blogger, but I cracked a number of problems and figured my way around some HTML code which was proving difficult.
This from someone who doesn’t know how to operate the DVD or Video and is still navigating buttons on her mobile phone.
More about the new blog later.

No comments: