Thursday 24 July 2008

From the other side of youth

Having never had the blessing of children of my own, I have always been somewhat awestruck by the way other women have raised theirs. I am convinced I would never have been able to take on this task, but am so appreciative of the “finished results” of others.

Our lodger was a case in point. A great guy. I even got the chance to tell his mother that (in my very bad Spanish to her Portuguese). He had two great friends, ladies, and outside their parents, I think I’m their biggest fan. “Well done” to their parents too.

It is such an easy thing to knock the youth of today. When you are middle aged, you can be less tolerant, impatient, critical and cynical. But to be honest, I am encouraged by so many in their teens and twenties. They face challenges I never had to, sometimes they fall over, but it’s not my business to kick them when they’re down.

Thanks to all our recent visitors in the capital. You know who you are. I salute you, and even though I had just a few hours / days in your company, I can honestly say, I’m the better for it.

Conquer the world. I am happy to support you do it. Look at my mistakes, and try not to repeat them. You will make your own, but I won’t condemn you. Don’t be discouraged, the Maker of the Universe is actually on the side of the righteous and the holy. He wants you to succeed is not waiting for you to fail.

No comments: