Sunday 28 September 2008

Spice girl

If I said I was recovering from eating 10 curries in the last 24 hours, I doubt I would get much sympathy from anyone.

If I said that 9 out of the 10 curries were “table spoon size” and that it was a competition to raise funds for charity, I’m guessing you may be more charitable about my overstuffed state.

Curry number 10 however was nothing short of a pig out. Today, we were fed to bursting point by some retired friends who live “up the coast” from the capital. Dinner was an amazing curry followed by an apple cake fit for angels. As there were no angels in the vicinity, we didn’t hold back, and found just a bit of space for a largish slice, after curry number 10.

I plan to wash my whiskers for the next couple of hours. I may, however, need the assistance of a crane to get off the sofa.

No comments: