Thursday 18 September 2008

Sugar, no honey honey

OK, accountability time.

In the last week I have been to the gym three times and gone on a long walk with my good friend Ngaire. I have not eaten biscuits, although on Saturday I ate a muffin and two chocolates. I have not grazed and have stopped eating a two course breakfast (I usually eat muesli AND toast).

All three occasions in the gym were excruciatingly wonderful, as my muscles started to tone up and sing the Hallelujah Chorus. My feet, however, are another story. The melody issuing from them was “The song of the Volga Boatmen”. Collapsed arches don’t do well with rowing machines.

By the time I sit on a Cathay Pacific flight in March, I want to be able to rattle around in the seat made for a petite Asian derriere.

1 comment:

Liezel said...

oh jane...you make me smile! I myself have started to walk in the mornings with Ginny. It hurts so bad but is so nice!
Goodluck on the airplane mission!
Love you