Sunday 23 November 2008

Finding your way home

Crazy weeks often produce desperate measures to survive. This included doing a big supermarket shop early this morning, with a hacking cough and temperature. I’d got up at 6am feeling terrible, but couldn’t face another day without fruit in the house – not to mention all the other edible essentials.

Driving home, feeling like Death Warmed Up, without the “Warmed Up” stage, I saw a sight to make me giggle. Driving through the outer suburb, I spotted an interesting “personage” waiting for a bus. Actually, if a bus had arrived at the bus shelter, this passenger would have missed it, as it was snoozing, Sunday style, with its beak under its wing.

The last time I looked, there weren’t any direct services from our little town in New Zealand to the Canadian Arctic, so this Canada Goose may consider becoming a permanent Kiwi resident.

No comments: