Thursday 2 August 2007

The Art of Flower Wrestling and Morris Minor maintenance

Mission impossible accomplished! I got the marks for my first practical assessment this morning. 30/30.

I can only say, it is the luck of the day. If you twist or scrunch paper the wrong way the first time, then you’ve had it. If the flower refuses to cooperate, even when wired, then forget it. I simply had a blessed day.

So I can now do the following: wire a Gerbera, wrap its stem in organza ribbon held in place by a pearl pin and “cross gartered” copper wire. Then wrestle it, with two lots of foliage into a perfect cone made of three lots of different paper, and tie with hand tied bow.

Not exactly a candidate for the Nobel, but you have to start somewhere.

Oh and as to the Morris Minor, I am still aspiring to own one, if I ever have a flower shop of my own.

No comments: