Wednesday 15 August 2007

Of mice and men

Ever had one of those days?

I have spent the WHOLE day learning about CPR and heart attacks. My homework is to find ordinary kitchen items to make up a First Aid box. Don’t ask why this is part of a floristry qualification………..

I have just arrived home, pooped and all pumped up about tomorrow’s practical First Aid role plays and scenarios, when the phone rings.

“Can we come and install your new kitchen on Friday?” Normally I would have been delighted to receive this call (the new cooker has been sitting in the basement for 4 months). However, I have three assignments to complete, half a kitchen to pack up, a meeting Friday night, a guest from the north Saturday lunchtime, a meeting Saturday afternoon, another Sunday afternoon and part of Monday. I have a theory test on Tuesday.

I have spent the last half an hour in frantic activity finishing off pickling lemons, making dinner and storing items in cupboards and boxes.

Just as I thought I could go out and pick up my husband from the station, our dear, dim tom cat came in with a mouse. Mercifully it was dead and I didn’t need to chase it round the kitchen with a non existent (already packed) frying pan. He put it down for a short moment under the dining room table and I was able to whisk it away before he noticed.

He is still wandering around the house bewildered, looking for his four legged snack.
I am about to need the CPR I was learning about this morning.

1 comment:

arlyen+1955 said...

Hi Sister,

It is nice to read this hillarious page that filled my evening with laughter to know the many episodes that occurred in your long span of life here on Abraham's patch.

Hope you can conjure some more of this fantastic shakespearan fare that seemed long extinct.Yet now brought to life at the flick of your dedicated wrist.Praise the Lord and be blessed in Jesus Name

Kind regards

John & Arlyen Pinto Bahrain