Monday 13 August 2007

Cultural Melange

Sometimes I can’t believe the diversity of this nation. Tonight I opened my last jar of pickled lemons, made with fruit from our garden. I have just made another batch from this year’s crop.

Supper tonight is made in a beautiful clay tagine pot, designed and made by a Danish potter who lives on the North Island.

Supper on Thursday is being provided for us by a Filippino friend who trained as a chef. He is doing a one-off fundraising stint and thought this would be a way to treat people to his skills AND raise money. The main course is Hungarian stroganoff. In his “day job” he trains young people to dance!

Today I was using Peruvian and Asian lilies for a bouquet. Both are grown here.

At the weekend we have an American friend visiting from Sydney who teaches Israeli dancing.
Just about the only “Kiwi” thing about this week is the weather.

No comments: