Monday 6 August 2007

A signpost at last

There were lots of things that went bump in the night last night. I was woken up by what I thought was a steam train going through our wardrobe. The cats weren’t impressed that their beauty sleep was disturbed, especially when lightning and not our neighbour’s bathroom light, lit up our bedroom. The noise was followed by a deluge of rain, which continued almost until lunch-time. Then the sun came out, the clouds vanished and relieved twitters could be heard from all the birds in the bush surrounding our classroom. Such is the variety of climate in an NZ winter.

This pales to insignificance though with the weather experienced by the millions in Nepal, India and Bangladesh. It defies imagination; so many without homes or any hope of any assistance in the near future. May God have mercy.

Tonight I think I may have found the first signpost for my husband’s grandfather. It leads me to S. Wales just after the First World War. It’s a start.

No comments: