Monday 3 December 2007

Bagpipes for lungs

There is a perverse law at work which goes something like this:

A week full of wonderful evening/weekend appointments = heavy cold, coughing, asthma attacks and a nose to rival Niagara.

Friday evening I missed a dinner with friends, Saturday morning I missed a VIP invitation to the new African Savannah opening at the Zoo, and today I will miss a gathering at our local Maori Marae (meeting house). What I did manage to do yesterday was the competition at a local flower wholesaler. I didn’t finish one of the three set pieces, and nearly keeled over whilst making a buttonhole, I was so dizzy, but I made it to the final photocall, then came home to the sofa. One of my course mates got the runner’s up prize, so we were all happy for her.

This morning I will go to class to do my final assessment, then I’m coming home to go to bed. Tomorrow and Wednesday’s weaving course at the Marae may be cancelled for me too.

No comments: