Sunday 9 December 2007

Wondering whether to procrastinate

Avoidance tactics were the order of the day today. In 22 days I leave the country for a mammoth 6 weeks overseas trip. Between now and then, I am graduating, working two jobs and trying to organise this hitherto “unorganised” adventure.

So in the light of this state of affairs, what to do today? Simple, garden and cook.

Our vegetable patch, a crazed and embarrassing wilderness, needs digging, weeding and organising. The olive tree needs to be moved and general pruning needs to happen sharpish, otherwise our house is likely to be grown over and vanish beneath lush native trees, bushes and flowers in 2008.

So, I have got a nice tan digging and weeding, and there is now fresh bread and home made muesli baking. I’ve also made an apple dessert.

As for the upcoming trip, well, I made it as far as adding several more entries to my “Things to do” list.

I suppose the day was a case of “Eats shoots and leaves”.

No comments: