Saturday 9 June 2007

Chardonnay Moi Monsieur?

Odd how people have names which fit their professions. Today I took our very salty car to the car wash; several waves hit it last week as I drove around the bay to work. The man who served me at the petrol station was called Finephillin. Would suit a dentist too I suppose! With a name like Smelt, maybe I am doomed to work in a chippie, but working where I do, I deserve a name like Moet – Chandon or Dunhill.
I found my diary of 1977 on Thursday and I looked up the entry for 7th of June. It was my saxophone lesson. I suddenly felt very old. Was it 30 years ago that I was aspiring to be the next Kathy Stobart? At 45, I am beginning to wonder what the future holds when the past seems to be bursting with experiences. Is it possible that the next 25 years will be as packed with life? Watch this space.

No comments: