Monday 25 June 2007

A day of rest

Don’t you love Sundays? Mine included trying to figure out a tax return with ever patient husband, entertaining a lovely friend for coffee, followed by an evening seminar on Bible and Culture. How about that for variety?

A new wind is blowing through my life, which had its origin many years ago. I have a friend of twenty two years standing who has always been a creative inspiration for me. We once went to Russia together in the middle of winter and got up to all sorts of mischief – dodging Intourist guides being the least of them. My friend and I love flowers. She did an amazing job creating all the flowers for my wedding. Just over a year ago, we sat down together in the UK and poured over floristry magazines together. I was in a “what shall I do with the rest of my life?” mode, so we ambled down a few dream alleys together. She pointed out that I love to do things with my hands. I wish I had seen that thirty years ago. Instead, I took an academic route. I hope to have at least 20 years work ahead of me, so why not put my hands into action?

So, the wind is blowing me back to school, to train in floristry. The course is just up the road, and is for 6 months, so I will be packing a lunch and taking an apple for the teacher.

No comments: