Monday 25 June 2007

Icebergs in the bird bath

This evening I sat watching a tv programme wearing thermal leggings and thermal long sleeved shirt, covered with roll neck wool sweater and jeans, covered by a mink blanket and a large, warm, purring cat. The central heating was showing 18 degrees on the dial.

And still I shivered.

The south island is experiencing large snow dumps. The biggest winter festival in the country was cancelled because all roads were blocked to the city that hosts it.

And now I have to take off three layers of clothes and don pyjamas.

I wonder if the cats would mind sleeping inside the bed tonight.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I'm so glad you, too, are going back to school. At 43, out of education for many years, I'm now taking graduate classes to renew my teacher certificate and get a new ESL endorsement.It's so wonderful at this age to incorporate all of life's experience into the learning environment. So you go Jane! Use that creative drive. Remember our Chicken Breast Lombardy on New Year's Eve 2002 in Paris? God bless the creative heart!
Kelli