Saturday 16 June 2007

To Life!

Do you remember the song in Fiddler on the Roof “To life, to life, L’Chaim”? It’s been buzzing around my head in recent days. I am a self confessed blogaholic. But only two sit on my Favourites list. It is where I watch the youth of the Middle East talk together. This includes young people from the country that the Middle East loves to hate, the home of Falafel.
I am astonished, encouraged, overwhelmed by what I read there. It is informed, on the spot, intelligent, witty, hopeful, generous. These young folk are critical, politically aware and in one particular case blogged at the risk of their own lives, eventually having to “disappear” from the blogosphere.

It gives me hope that the world according to the BBC and CNN is not representative of what is truly happening on the ground. I think we all know this, but boy, hanging out with the Shebab (young folk) of that region online, sure gives you a different perspective.
I salute you, I trust the region will survive, for the sake of your children, and I say “L’Chaim” to you.

1 comment:

Hence said...

Where is this blog? (You could email it to me if you don't want to post it. Please?)