Saturday 9 June 2007

Not the Norm

Not the Norm

A friend of mine started a thread in a chatroom recently, called “not the norm”. She wondered how many people out there qualified. It got me thinking. There are a lot of folk who probably think they’re weird, whereas in fact they are totally normal and should have the freedom to live in that reality.

So here’s my contribution to being “not the norm”

1) Left handed
2) Blood group A Rhesus negative
3) Married at 42 for the first time
4) Don’t have aspirations to own any designer clothes, let alone wear them
5) Love charity shops (see above)
6) Can’t walk in high heels
7) Weigh more than husband and am larger than the “average” UK size 16
8) Content with 7
9) Never had braces on my teeth - don’t mind having a goofy grin.
10) Buy things for the house that I like, even if they don’t match and aren’t Feng Shui’d
11) Love vacuuming and ironing
12) Think my parents are great and gave me all I needed to be a sane member of the Human Race.

To think there is a whole planet of us out there who are NTN. Perhaps we should run for parliament. I plan to grow old disgracefully and keep parrots that say rude words to polite visitors (tee hee). Can we start a NTN society and elect outrageously marvellous people to run it and challenge every daft "norm" out there? How are you Not the Norm?

1 comment:

Jill In Hungary said...

....what is the norm!!??
47 and lov'n it,
way to go 'help the aged'!
getting 'hip' er by the day ...who needs to grow old gracfully when life is for the living!!